- Meetings and Events
The Better Opportunities for Single Servicemembers (BOSS) program represents the voice of the single servicemember. If you're a single servicemember, BOSS members advocate for you by advancing quality of life issues on the installation, and in the barracks, to senior leaders on post and throughout the Army. "Let Your Voice Be Heard"
The BOSS program is based on three program pillars:
- Quality of Life
- Community Service
- Recreation and Leisure
As a member of BOSS, you have a voice in how you live, how you spend your leisure time and how you support the community around you. BOSS Soldiers:
- Coordinate and participate in community services projects
- Organize recreation and leisure activities
- Actively support the quality of life needs of single Soldiers
Want to get involved in the community and don't know how? Join BOSS on one of our many volunteer outings or opportunities.
Examples of program participation:
- Income-generating activities
- Event support
Garrison BOSS programs are managed by a Senior Enlisted Advisor, MWR Advisor and BOSS President. BOSS serves the Single Soldier Community - active, guard and reserve - and single parents, geographical bachelors, and other branches of service and Foreign Service Members.
BOSS membership and the program's available leadership and project management roles enhance your promotion packets. Learn more about BOSS and how to become a member at www.boss.armymwr.com.
Fort Meade BOSS is scheduled to meet on the first and third Tuesday from 3 p.m.-4 p.m. every month (excluding holidays) at the Freedom Center (6405 Simonds St.) to discuss and report on the three components of BOSS: Quality of Life, Recreation and Leisure, and Community Service. The Freedom Center lounge area will be the secondary meeting area.
All Fort Meade and NSA single service members are invited.
*All BOSS meetings and activities are open to all MWR patrons to include the National Guard, Army Reserve, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, Foreign Service members and geographical bachelors.
- Jan. 24 - Escape Room with BOSS (Free). Join us in getting out of the two most difficult rooms.
- Jan. 25 - Come help us out with the Polar Plunge. You will be helping the Special Olympics in Maryland.
- Jan. 31 - NinjaBe - Experience Ninja Warrior obstacle courses! Race and compete with each other. Registration opens Jan. 20.
- Feb. 2 - Super Bolw LIV - Free food and bowling at The Lanes. Watch the game and laugh at the commercials with us!
- Feb. 14-16 - Ski Trip
Contact BOSS for details. Email: email@example.com
Hours of Operation
|Monday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|